Monday, May 24, 2010

Online Adventuring

Trees, dirt, rivers, spiders, snakes...nature at its finest. Backpacking is my newest hobby and I'm really excited about it. I took the biggest step when I ordered hiking boots online. I've never been much of an online shopper except for books and movies, but it was really the only option for finding the "perfect" boot. I surfed the web for about 2 weeks, made numerous calls to my brother (who is well-versed in hiking boots), and thought about it a lot before actually making a move. But, finally, I took the plunge, clicked "Buy", and waited, and waited. It seems like when you're expecting a package that time moves at an extremely slow pace. Every day I would eagerly run out to the mailbox in high hopes, only to come back with dissappointment on my face. After what felt like forever, I got a knock on my door...my boots!! Oh, thank you wonderful UPS man, deliverer of smiles to millions! I ripped open the packaging like it were Christmas morning and there they were, just as beautiful as I imagined - Keen Genoa Peak Mid Boots in Shitake/Orange Ochre!!Aren't they beautiful?? Don't be jealous.

4 comments:

  1. I just ordered shoes online too! We're so alike!

    http://www.dsw.com/shoe/unisa+ottilia+wedge+sandal?prodId=197638

    (in blue, of course)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You gonna wear those in New York?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! They're so you.
    Of course I'll wear them in NY...and tuck my pants into them...isn't that fashion these days?

    ReplyDelete
  4. umm... it is the fashion, but only when I have to work or something. When I am around it must go out of fashion...or else it will become fashion to walk on the other side of the street from your sister.

    ReplyDelete